- Drinking coffee appears to have a protective effect against Alzheimers.
- Three cups a day seems to be a key threshold in many studies.
- Pubmed article: Caffeine as a protective factor in dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Alzheimers.net article: 4 Surprising Benefits of Coffee – Alzheimers.net
- Telegraph article: Three cups of coffee a day ‘could stave off Alzheimer’s disease’
- Exceptions to the rule: For people who already have advanced Alzheimer’s, coffee may make their anxiety worse. Caffeine and dementia | Alzheimer’s Society
- I drink two cups of caffeinated coffee in the morning, and drink some decaf in the afternoon. (Both types of coffee (caffeinated and decaf) have been shown to be beneficial.)
- As a side note, coffee is also useful for promoting a form of cellular deep cleaning called autophagy.