- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays are my FASTING days.
- Sometimes I’ll fast the entire day (no food at all… just water, coffee and white and green tea).
- Other times I’ll fast till 5 or 6 pm, then end my fast with a meal (with some berberine, to prevent mTOR activation)
- On fasting days, I usually take a contrast (hot/cold) shower to activate my sirtuin genes, do some RED LIGHT theraphy, then do HIIT exercise on a stationary bike. I’m not trying to build muscle on these days. So I try not to activate mTOR. (MTOR is anabolic, which is great because it builds muscle, but it’s also pro-aging.) I set the bike to minimum resistance so that I can pedal as fast as humanly possible and get completely out of breath (three times). My goal is to create a temporary oxygen deficit to increase NAD and activate AMPK.
FASTING DAY SUPPLEMENTS
- Some people don’t take supplements at all on fasting days. That’s their choice ––– more power to them. But I take a lot of ’em. The supplements I take are either powders or in cellulose capsules, so they are not adding any protein, fat or carbs. So they don’t break my fast.
- NOTE: Remember that I’m talking here about short (24-36 hour) fasts. When I do a prolonged (3-5 day) fast, I take a much smaller stack of supplements. If you’re curious why I take supplements when fasting, see the video at the bottom of the page.
STACK 1: NAD BOOSTERS
- NMN (Donotage) (1.5 grams)
- RESVERATROL and QUERECTIN (sirtuin activators) (Donotage) 500 mg.
- FATTY ACIDS: OLEIC ACID (from olive oil or avocado oil); MCT OIL; FISH OIL; and BORAGE OIL
- TMG (Donotage)
- APIGENIN (Donotage)
STACK 2: TESTOSTERONE BOOSTERS
- DHEA and 7-KETO DHEA
- MALE LIBIDO (Gaia)
- ASHWAGANDHA (Gaia) and/or ASTRAGALUS (Gaia)
- L. REUTERI 6475 (BioGaia Osfortis) with INULIN
- BORON (6 mg)
STACK 3 – HGAND GLUTATHIONE
- AKG (Double Wood) –––– (4 capsules)
- BETA ALANINE
- NAC and GLYCINE ––– work synergistically
- SULFORAPHANE –– The brand I take is Avamocol.. Increases hGH and glutathione
STACK 4 – OTHER ESSENTIALS
- VITAMIN D3 (Donotage)
- BERBERINE (Donotage)
- MILK THISTLE – helps absorption of berberine.
- MAGNESIUM THREONATE – Jarrow –––– for brain health.
- HYALURONIC ACID – Donotage
NIGHT TIME SUPPLEMENTS
- MELATONIN –––– I take a very tiny microdose, 0.3 to 0.6 mg at night
- SERRAPEPTASE –– Cleans protein fragments from blood
- VITAMIN C (LIPOSOMAL)
10 percent discount on supplements. Discount Code: PATHWAYS
- A few months ago, I set up a discount agreement with Donotage.org.
- If you use the Discount Code PATHWAYS, you’ll get 10 percent off of everything on their website, including all of their supplements, their NAD test and their epigenetic aging test.
- Free shipping is available on orders over $400 USD, 300 Euros or 500 AUD.
- See this page for more information.