Colds, flus and other illnesses can cause dangerous respiratory infections. These recent studies suggest nutrients that may be helpful in fortifying the immune system.
- The amino acids Arginine and L-Citrulline (both increase arginine concentrations) both appear to support respiratory health in the face of viral infections. See this recent Lancet article
- Vitamin D (helpful for all respiratory infections) – See this study
- Zinc – See this study
- Xylitol nasal spray – See this study
- Fisetin (a large dose once a month) (kills senescent cells that make us vulnerable to certain kinds of viral infections) – See this study
- Elderberry –– supports respiratory health, and as a bonus, activates the sirtuin 6 gene. See this article
- Hot baths or saunas (very very hot in very very very hot rooms)(activate heat shock proteins) See this study
- Fermented vegetables. See this study
This article is not intended as, and should not be taken as, medical advice.